Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My First Entry

There are many core principles which I value and would like to enact in my own classroom.  I strongly believe in creating a community of writers.  I think students learn best when they feel safe and can collaborate with others to further their learning.  As an educator, I find it imperative to look at my students as individuals rather than one large group.  In order to know my students ( their background, strengths/ weaknesses in writing, etc.) I will set aside time to confer with them; as a result, I can build my literacy instructions around their needs, interest and learning profiles.  To achieve this practice in my future classroom, I will set aside time weekly to meet with each of my students and keep a log on our conversations.  I want them to feel safe and view me as a support in their literacy learning experiences.

Writing is an integral part of a student's education...TO BE CONTINUED

1 comment:

  1. Even from these initial reflections, I can tell I would have flourished as a reader, writer, and thinker in your classroom Kelly! I look forward to reading your blog this semester.

    ReplyDelete